Do I really need to use an Estate Agent?
The rigmarole of letting a property out can be problematic, but using an estate agent is essential if you are going to get everything right.
Estate Agents offer professional and friendly advice so you can make informed choices about the property you own. They will make sure your property is advertised and marketed property, which will maximise your earning potential.
Estate Agents will come around to your property and suggest ways in which to make it look spacious and desirable. They will also be able to discuss how your property will be marketed and what demographic it will be marketed to.
Agents can provide sound legal advice; they can inform you of how legislation, regulation and obligations that will affect any rental sale. It is well worth investing in expertise that will save you time and potentials money in the long run.
Choosing a respected Estate and Lettings Agent that has a good reputation within the local area is key when you are looking to rent out any property. Ensure you do your homework and choose an Estate Agent that achieves a quick turnaround of being on the market to agreeing a tenancy.
Preparing to let your property out
Before even thinking about renting your property out, you need to be aware of what steps you need to take. There are a lot of factors to consider before tenants are able to walk through the door and move into your house.
First impressions are extremely important when people come to your view your property. Preparation and forward thinking prior to potential viewings is absolutely essential. Therefore, you should consider the following things:
For the interior of your property:
- De-clutter all rooms within the property.
- Make any minor repairs that are needed to fixings.
- Make sure the property is clean and free from damp or mould.
- Ensure the property is structurally sound.
- Ensure the size is suitable for potential tenants.
For the exterior of your property:
- Tidy up the back garden and make it look presentable.
- Repair any cracks that may make the property look undesirable.
- Remove waste bins and keep them away from view.
- Ensure the house number is able to be seen.